Thursday, March 6, 2014

Your offer was accepted, now what?

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! You're one step closer to buying your new home!
Through your buyer consultation meeting and/or when writing an offer you probably (hopefully!) went through the buying steps and process. However, when the time actually arrives you might be asking yourself "what do we do next?"
This is totally understandable as it's a lot of information to consume- plus there are other emotions going on at this time!

One of the things I do for my clients once we are officially under contract is send an email with the "Next Steps" outlined and their due dates specific to our agreement.

I always give my clients a heads up that the next 2 weeks following an agreement are busy. The most important things to accomplish in this window are the mortgage application to comply with the mortgage commitment date and the property inspections.
These tasks include:
1. Submit mortgage application
2. Schedule inspections
3. Go to inspections
4. Submit (more) documents to mortgage lender
5. Property Appraisal
6. Select title company and order title
7. Submit 2nd deposit

It's a lot to do in a small time period, but if everything goes as planned then the next 3+ weeks you can focus on the fun aspect of owning a home (in my opinion)- decorating!

Here is one of my favorite ways to outline the general Home Buying Process
Contact me for my details or questions


No comments:

Post a Comment