Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Happy Anniversary To ME

Three years ago I decided to make a bold, but exciting transition from the new construction home builder industry into the residential resale world. It required the same real estate license, same goal of helping people obtain their dream to own a home, but a completely different business structure.

I made the commitment to become an independent real estate salesperson (a.k.a. a Realtor) in 2010 and three years later I couldn't be happier! Starting a business is scary. Not having a steady paycheck and no one telling you when to go to work was an adjustment and required discipline. Dedication, hard work, a vision and the amazing support from friends and family has enabled me to keep doing what I love- and what I've become very good at.

The real estate brokerage I was with does not give you leads, only guidance and training. (I later found out that is more than most companies do!) They helped me gain the confidence to get clients the best deal and have a smooth settlement process. In addition, ideas on how to find clients!

One of my first clients was referred to me by the mortgage rep from my previous job. She was qualifying a buyer for a new 55+ community and they needed to sell their home first. I met with them and they quickly hired me to sell their current home and help them buy their new home. From there, the referrals from close business professionals, my family and friends continues to grow. It's amazing what word of mouth advertising has done for me, and I honestly couldn't be more grateful.

On my anniversary (well around this time :) ) I'd like to thank each of you that have believed in me and my business, whether for your own needs or referred me to someone you know. It's an honor to provide service to the people that mean most to me.

Looking forward to serving all of you for many more years!

Thank you,
Kelly Kneeland Steyn

No comments:

Post a Comment