Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday Morning Coffee updates

One of my favorite things about being a Realtor is when my client finds the property they want to make their home. It's so rewarding to know I helped them find a new place to live, grow, form memories and bonds. I had a settlement last Monday with a client whom I have a close working relationship with, but on settlement day I got to experience a personal moment with her and her fiance that's truly special.
My buyer wanted this particular home from day one. It has the old charm and character she loves, great central location and within their desired price. It's hard to keep buyers unemotional, but I try because one of my LEAST favorite parts about my job is when offers get rejected or we encounter a horrible inspection. So I did my best to get the best deal, even though I knew they'd pay way more. Everything turned out great. They are very satisfied with the terms of the deal and ready to start a new journey. 
This is one of the main reasons why I love my job =)
_________________________________________________________________
Real Estate Tips:
Remodeling Magazine just put out their annual Cost vs. Value report which compares construction costs with resale values for 35 mid-range and upscale remodeling projects. The report comprises additions, remodels and replacements in 9 different regions and 81 markets across the country.

Here's a snapshot of the country- wide- range remodeling projects offering the highest return:

  • Entry Door Replacement (Steel) - ROI on resale = 85.6% 
  • Deck Addition (Wood) - RIO on resale = 77.3% 
  • Garage Door Replacement - RIO on resale = 75.7%    
  • Minor Kitchen Remodel - RIO on resale = 75.4% 
  • Window Replacement (Wood) = RIO on resale 73.3% 
  • Attic Bedroom - RIO on resale = 72.9% 
  • Siding Replacement (Vinyl) - RIO on resale = 72.9% 

Click here to view the Mid-Atlantic Philadelphia regional report 
Notice that most of the highest returns are from Exterior work- siding replacement, windows, garage, etc. Just proves that curb appeal is essential in getting homes sold- quickly and for highest price.
 *First impressions are so important*

No comments:

Post a Comment